PROSPECTUS FOR ADMISSION TO THE DEGREE PROGRAMMES UNDER CHOICE BASED CREDIT AND SEMESTER (CBCS) SYSTEM IN THE COLLEGES AFFILIATED TO THE KANNUR UNIVERSITY FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-17.
- Prospectus for admission to the Under Graduate Degree Programme Under Choice Based Credit and Semester (CBCS) system in Government/Aided / Self Financing Affiliated Colleges for the academic year 2016-2017, as approved by the Kannur University, is published herewith. It contains general information and rules relating to the admission to the CBCS Degree Programmes in Govt./Aided/Self Financing Affiliated Colleges of the University.
- The conduct of the university UG programmes shall be governed by the regulations in force with effect from 2014-15 admission (based upon the Hrudayakumari committee report).
- Admissions to the seats to be filled by the University to the Under Graduate Degree Programmes (except those specifically mentioned) are regulated on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. The details of seats to which admissions are made through the rank list prepared accordingly are contained in the relevant paragraphs. (Clause 4.1(d)).
As per Kannur University Statute, ‘no student shall be admitted to any course of instruction in the Colleges in anticipation of Affiliation’.
- GENERAL INFORMATION
The Choice Based Credit and Semester system was introduced in the Kannur University from the academic year 2009 onwards. Starting this year (2015-16), the admission to the UG Degree Programme under CBCS system in the Arts and Science Colleges affiliated to the Kannur University has been made on the basis of Online Centralized Allotment. The Online allotment process will provide the candidates, opportunity of obtaining admission to any of the Colleges of the University and to any of the programmes of his/her choice on the basis of merit.
Any candidate who desires to obtain admission under the Kannur University for the Degree Programme should compulsorily register online before the closure of registration, irrespective of the Category (General /SEBC/ BPL/ SC/ST/ Community /Management / Candidates from Union Territory of Lakshadweep/ Andaman Nicobar Dweep /Jammu and Kashmir/Persons With Disabilities/ widows /wards of Armed Forces Personnel, killed or disabled in action during peace time/ Sports etc.) to which he/she belongs .
The allotment of the candidates to the various Programmes and Colleges will be on the basis of merit strictly following the rules and regulations regarding reservation. The marks at the Plus Two/Higher Secondary level would be the basic criteria for admission to the Degree Programme.The University will not be conducting online centralized allotment for the following Degree Programmes/Courses and those candidates who wish to apply for the same need to apply directly to the Colleges concerned(In such cases as mentioned below).
- All programmes for which Entrance test and aptitude tests are conducted for admission, like BPEd, BA Music (Karnatic), BA Bharathanatyam etc. Likewise BA Afsal-Ul-Ulma course is not included under the CAP for the time being. The students applying for B.Com with Computer Application Course at the Marthoma College for the Hearing Impaired, Karsaragod is exempted from the CAP. They should directly contact the college for admission with relevant certificates.
- a) Candidates seeking admission on passing SAY examination during the current Academic Year can register online before the Supplementary allotment. They will be considered in the supplementary allotment.
- Authority to prescribe qualification for admission to the various courses of studies.
According to Sub-Section (v) and (vi) of Section 25 of the Kannur University Act, 1996, the Academic Council shall have the power to prescribe qualifications for admission of students to the various courses of study (and to the Examinations) and the conditions under which exemptions shall be granted, and to make provision for the admission of students to the various courses of studies on the basis of merit in order to maintain the standards of education.
- Agreement for Direct Payment -Relevant provisions for admission to the various courses in aided colleges.
Article 18 of the Agreement for Direct Payment entered into between the Government and the Educational Agencies of Private Colleges stipulates that all future admission of students to the private affiliated colleges shall be on the following basis, viz :
- Twenty percent of the total number of seats in each college under the Educational Agency shall be reserved for students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes***. Those seats which cannot be filled on this basis shall be filled on the basis of merit from among backward minority communities, in case the college is run by a backward minority community and from among OBCs, in all other cases.
- *Ten/Twenty **percent of the seats shall be reserved for the candidates belonging to the community to which the college belongs. These seats will be filled strictly on the basis of merit from among the students of the said community.
- *Fifty/Forty **percent of the seats will be filled by open selection on the basis of merit.
- The remaining seats will be filled by the Educational Agency by candidates of their choice.
Note: * This will apply to Forward Community Colleges
- This will apply to Backward Community Colleges
- Age limit: The maximum age limit for admission to the UG programme shall be 23 years as on 1st June of the academic year. For SC/ST candidates, the age limit is 25 years and for PWD age limit is 26 years.
- PROGRAMMES, INSTITUTIONS AND SEATS
- Details of the Programme and Duration: The Programme leads to Bachelors Degree in the relevant subject. Each Programme extends for a period of six semesters. The Programme of study shall be by regular attendance for the requisite number of lectures, practical training and other means.
- Institutions and Subjects for the UG Degree Programme : The List of Colleges affiliated to the Kannur University and the subjects offered in each institution is given as Annexure I, of the Prospectus.
- Categorization of Seats: Seats available in Govt./Aided/Self financing affiliated Colleges are mainly classified as Merit Seats, Community Seats, Management Seats and Reservation Seats.
- Merit Seats: The seats that are filled by the University in Government/Aided/Self -financing Affiliated Colleges purely on the basis of merit are classified as ‘Merit Seats’.
- Community Seats: The seats in Aided Colleges that are filled by the Management concerned, on the basis of merit among their community candidates, are classified as ‘Community Seats’.
- Management Seats: The seats in Aided and Self-financing Affiliated Colleges that are filled by the Managements concerned are classified as ‘Management Seats’.
Reservation Seats: The seats in Government/Aided/Self-financing Affiliated Colleges, which are earmarked for SC/ST/SEBC/BPL/PWD Sports persons are classified as ‘Reservation Seats’.
Click Here for Kannur University Degree 2nd Allotment Result 2016